Development of Disaster Mitigation Learning StructuresDOI: 10.29303/jppipa.v6i1.324
Abstract. This research aims to determine the structure of disaster mitigation learning in elementary schools. It is Research and Development also known as RnD study. This research gives a real-life example of how a teacher can teach and embed the awareness about natural disasters in an uncomplicated and fun way, by using the disaster mitigation model of teaching. The study results in one design of a disaster mitigation model of teaching and a teaching structure implementing a scientific approach on disaster mitigation. This research is based on the development and real-life experience of the researcher team in teaching and doing observation and research on the headmaster, teachers, and the students of Mataram 6 elementary school. It is the pilot project of this research, which in return will be implemented in other schools in the urban, coastal area, as well as the mountainous area in Lombok Island. The result shows that the headmaster and the teachers’ response towards the disaster mitigation model of teaching had been really positive, with only 5% of the teachers claims that they are interested, whilst the other 95% claim that the study is extremely interesting for them. The students were very enthusiastic and active during the learning process. Besides, the claim to have meaningful benefit from this mitigation learning. This thus indicated that this mitigation model of teaching and learning can be used as a guide or reference in embedding the awareness for natural disasters among the school community.
Diposaptono, S. (2005). Tsunami Mitigation Technology. Republic of Indonesia Maritime and Fisheries Agency Tsunami Mitigation Training Material
Djamarah. (2005). Teachers and Students in Educative Interaction, A Psychological Theoretical Approach , Jakarta , Rineka Cipta.
Huda, M. (2013). Teaching and Learning Model Models of Methodical and Pragmatic Issues. Yogyakarta, Pustaka Pelajar
Hamidah, G., & Taufik, M. (2018). Effect of Media Assisted Discovery Learning Model on Physics Learning Outcomes of Class XI Students of SMA N 1 Kediri Academic Year 2017/2018. Jurnal Pendidikan Fisika dan Teknologi. 4(1). https://jurnalfkip.unram.ac.id/index.php/JPFT/article/view/519
Hairunnisyah, S., Gunawan., Indriaturrahmi., & Fitri A. (2017). E-Assessment System Design on Physics Learning at LPTK. Jurnal Pendidikan Fisika dan Teknologi, 3(2). https://jurnalfkip.unram.ac.id/index.php/JPFT/article/view/422
Irawan, P. (1997). Learning Theory. PAU-PPAI. Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
Ivers, B. (2002). Multimedia Projects in Education Designing Producing and Assesing. New York: John Willey & Sons.
Ibrahim. M. (2000). Problem Based Learning. Surabaya: University Press.
Klinger, W. (1997). Survey of Teaching Methods in Natural Sciences Erziehungswiss. Fakultat der Universtat: Erlangen-Nurnbe.
Ramdhani A. (2005). Optimization of Physics Learning with the Use of Science Kits at SMP N 6 Mataram. Mataram: Press Unram,.
Syahrial, A., Kosim., Gunada, I. W. 2019. Tsunami. Gunung Sari West Lombok 2019: Arga Puji.
Syahrial, A. (2011). Study of the Use of elementry school Science Kits in Mataram, Mataram 2011, Lembaga Penelitian Universitas Mataram
Suprapto S. (2002), Flood Disaster, Material for Disaster Power Training. Yogyakarta PSBA UGM.
Sugiyono. (2013). Qualitative Quantitative Research Methods and R & D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Subrata. (2001). Efforts to Improve the Quality of Learning Outcomes of Elementary Students through Science Learning with Process Skills. Laporan Penelitian STKIP Singaraja.
- There are currently no refbacks.