The manuscript should be an original research paper which sufficiently contributes novelty to science education. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA) online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide a statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
General Guide of Manuscript
Manuscript format could be sent in MS Word.docx. Submitted manuscript accepted for publication or even published elsewhere is unacceptable and will not be published in Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA). Manuscripts that is revision or elaboration of seminar, symposium, and workshop manuscripts could be published in Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA) by mentioning such things while submitting them. Manuscript sent to Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA) must be free from plagiarism and self-plagiarism.
Template of Manuscript
Before article submission to journal's website, manuscript layout is previously carried out as writing format guidelines of Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA). A template for writing manuscript to Jurnal Penelitian Pendikan IPA (JPPIPA) and complete guideline of writing could be downloaded HERE.
Structure of the manuscripts
1. Title. (Concise and informative. Titles are often used in information-retrieval systems. Avoid abbreviations and formulae where possible).
2. Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's Name, Affiliation (Department Name), Name of Organization, City, and Country, without any academic title. For a joint paper, one of the authors should be notified as the corresponding author with email adress.
3. Abstract and keywords. Abstract: A concise and factual abstract is required (maximum length 200 words). The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results, and major conclusions. An abstract is often presented separate from the article, so it must be able to stand alone. References should, therefore, be avoided, but if essential, they must be cited in full, without reference to the reference list. Non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself. Keywords: Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of five keywords, avoiding general and plural terms and multiple concepts (avoid, for example, 'and', 'of'). Be sparing with abbreviations: only abbreviations firmly established in the field may be eligible. These keywords will be used for indexing purposes.
4. Introduction. State the objectives of the work and provide an adequate background, avoiding a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results.
5. Methods. Research design and method should be clearly defined.
6. Results and Discussion. Results should be clear and concise. The discussion should explore the significance of the results of the work, not repeat them. A combined Results and Discussion section is often appropriate. Avoid extensive citations and discussion of published literature.
7. Conclusion. The main conclusions of the study may be presented in a short Conclusions section, which may stand alone or form a subsection of a Discussion or Results and Discussion section.
8. References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
- The article must be typed in 1 (one) spaced, Book Antiqua font with size 10 pts except for abstract and on A4 paper size.
- The article must be 12 pages maximum including the bibliography and appendix.
- The article in must include abstracts in English and be following by the keywords (3-5 words). Abstract and keywords are typed in 1 spaced and Book Antiqua 9 PTA
- Foreign and regional words that are not standardized in KBBI (Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia) should be written italic.
- The citation must be in the form of in-text and bibliography are based on APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association)
- References are typed in single-spaced and Book Antiqua 10 PTA. The Authors are encouraged to use journals as the main references and avoid using web articles (SCOPUS indexed journals are recommended). The bibliography must be the last 10 years' publication except for any foundational works e.g. learning theories, framework, etc.
Specific Writing Format
1. Equations and formula should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
2. Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
1. The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
2. The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
3. Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.
Acknowledgment, if any, including information on grants received, before the references, in a separate section, and not as a footnote on the title page.
Subjects and Authors Index
The authors should provide an index of subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
a. Hill (2001) suggests that the objective of depreciation is…
b. Inflation targeting would be sufficient (McCain, 1982).
c. The definition of contagion is ... (Wagner, 1976; Rhonda 2009).
d. The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 20-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high quality contributions to the knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA (American Psychological Association) style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript. Consulting the APA style manual (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html) is strongly recommended for completing manuscript submissions.
References should appear as:
Book with one author:
Author, A.A. (2015). Title of Work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with two authors:
Author, A.A. & Author, B.B. (2015). Title of Work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with more than two authors:
Author, A.A., Author, B.B., & Author, C.C. (2015). Title of Work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Irwanto, D., & Yuningsih, N. (2021). The Effects of the Number of Coated Fuel Particles on the Neutronic Aspects of 25 MWt Pebble Bed Reactor with Thorium Fuel. Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan IPA, 7(1), 102-106. doi:https://doi.org/10.29303/jppipa.v7i1.544.
Author, A.A. (Ed.). (2019). Title of Work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis:
Author, A.A. (2019). Title of Work. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following MS Word template:
How to send the manuscript
1. The manuscript in microsoft word should be sent to the editor by clicking Online Submission tab on our Website.
2. A brief bio that contains full name, academic title, institution, telephone, mobile number, and others should be written in the fields of data when registering online in the website submission.
Taking into account the results of the peer reviewing process, the decision as to the acceptability of each manuscript for publication will be notified to the author(s) through the website system in the following alternative conclusions:
a. Accepted without revision, or
b. Accepted with minor revision, or
c. Accepted with major revision, or